From the whole variety of medicinal plants, chamomile stands out, from which healers from time immemorial have made medicinal potions. As you guessed, the topic of conversation will be chamomile grass and its medicinal properties and contraindications for women and children.
The flowers of the plant owe a pleasant aroma to oil, which is used in medicine and cosmetology. Chamomile is characterized by truly invaluable useful properties, an extensive chemical composition with miraculous power.
Useful and healing properties
- In the flowers there is plenty of valuable essential oil, which includes montorepen and sexwiterpenoids.
- The plant is rich in flavonoids, due to which it has an anti-inflammatory effect on the human body, fights viruses and bacteria.
- It is saturated with glycerides of fatty acids, polysaccharides, choline. Due to these natural substances, chamomile is actively used in traditional and traditional medicine.
- Universal medicinal herb for indoor and outdoor use. Chamomile pharmacy is a soft herbal medicine for the treatment of adults and children.
- The unique properties of chamomile have been used in the treatment of the digestive system and the common cold.
- Chamomile broth reduces swelling of the gastric mucosa, enhances the separation of bile, accelerates the healing of stomach ulcers, relieves cramping and helps with flatulence.
- The substances contained in the plant soothe the nervous system, help in the fight against insomnia and are indispensable in eliminating the negative effects of stress.
In the natural environment, pharmacy chamomile grows along roads, in wheat crops and on grassy slopes. Nowadays, even its cultivation farmers.
During the flowering period, herbalists collect baskets rich in essential oil, and the grass itself is ideal for wellness baths. Chamomile is usually dried in purchased dryers or in the fresh air in a shaded place.
Contraindications of medicinal chamomile
For absolutely healthy people with proper use, medicinal chamomile has no contraindications. If there are certain ailments or problems, undesirable consequences may arise, which I will discuss below.
- It is necessary to adhere to the correct dosage of teas, decoctions and preparations based on chamomile. An overdose threatens with the appearance of outbreaks of anger, headache, irritability, disturbances in the nervous system.
- The risk group includes people prone to chronic diarrhea or suffering from anacid gastritis.
- Caution is required to use medicinal chamomile during pregnancy. Some doctors say that plant-based products have an effect on the hormonal background of a woman, while others note their ability to cause uterine tone. Alternative medicine recommends drinking chamomile decoctions to relax smooth muscles. The information is contradictory, therefore it is better to completely abandon the internal use of chamomile during pregnancy.
- Chamomile can provoke an allergy, but traditional medicine advises rinsing the sinuses with a decoction of grass for the prevention of hay fever. Before use, it is better to consult a doctor.
- Chamomile tea is contraindicated in people with diseases of the liver, kidneys and genitourinary system. Such tea is a natural choleretic agent, which with the listed diseases can cause complications.
Healers say chamomile helps with angina and dental diseases.In fact, it only alleviates the symptoms.
Application in traditional medicine
I will give 6 of my own recipes for homemade chamomile medicines.
- Chamomile tea. Soothes nerves, relieves insomnia. Recipe: pour a small spoon of chamomile with a glass of boiling water and wait about an hour. Use before bedtime.
- Carminative tea. Eliminates flatulence and bloating. Recipe: I combine six parts of dried chamomile with one part of caraway seeds and four parts of valerian root. Pour a spoonful of the resulting mixture with a glass of boiling water, wait a third of an hour and filter. Take half a cup in the morning and evening.
- Chamomile decoction. Facilitates gum disease. Recipe: I mix equal amounts of St. John's wort, chamomile, calendula and horsetail. Take each ingredient in a small spoon and pour two glasses of boiling water. Rinse your mouth with the finished mixture.
- Chamomile infusion. Eliminates intestinal colic and cramping. Recipe: pour 20 grams of chamomile with a glass of boiling water and wait 15 minutes. Take a spoonful before meals.
- Medicinal chamomile for cystitis. Corn silk, St. John's wort, cornflower, chamomile and knotweed mix in a ratio of 1 to 1. A spoonful of the resulting composition pour 400 ml of boiling water, wait exactly one hour, filter and drink after eating.
- Camomile for weight loss. I mix the leaves of wild strawberry, buds of birch, St. John's wort and the pharmacy chamomile one at a time and chop. Three tablespoons of the finished mixture are poured with two glasses of boiling water and after 12 hours I take in a stack twice a day. Infusion accelerates the elimination of harmful substances and normalizes salt metabolism.
Video Rinse Aid For Hair
This is not a complete list of folk recipes for homemade medicines using chamomile.
Chamomile Tea Recipes
Chamomile goes well with spices, herbs and fruit additives. The recipes of tea that I will share allow you to prepare wonderful drinks with a beautiful color and excellent aroma.
Classic Chamomile Tea
Two spoons of baskets of medicinal chamomile pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a saucer and wait half an hour. I filter, squeeze flowers.
Chamomile Tea with Mint
I combine equal chamomile and chopped mint in equal quantities. One teaspoon of ingredients is enough for one serving. Pour a mixture of herbs with a glass of boiling water, wait a little and filter. Tea has a calming effect on the body and prevents the appearance of stones in the urinary system. If desired, a little caraway can be added to the composition of the drink.
Chamomile tea with lemon balm
If you change the previous recipe, replacing the mint with lemon balm, you get a medicinal drink for the stomach and nerves. Such an infusion will make life easier for colds. I drink one glass twice a day.
Herbal Chamomile Tea
Take a coffee spoon of chamomile, St. John's wort, sweet clover and mint. Mix, pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a saucer and wait half an hour. After filtering. Tea with herbs has an appetite-lowering, anti-aging and cleansing effect on the body.
The benefits of chamomile tea
- Comprehensive impact. Chamomile is rich in proteins, pectins, healthy acids, essential oils and flavonoids. It has an astringent, anti-inflammatory, sedative, emollient, choleretic, sedative and analgesic effect on the body.
- Nervous system. The composition of a fragrant drink includes apigenin. This natural antispasmodic fights stress, depressionirritability, insomnia.
- Digestive systema. Tea speeds up the production of bile, helps with gastritis and helps restore intestinal microflora. It is useful for people taking medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, as it protects the gastric mucosa from its harmful effects.
- Diabetes. The results of scientific studies have shown that chamomile tea is useful for patients with the second type diabetes mellitus. It is rich in glucose lowering substances.
- Skin covering. If you drink chamomile tea daily, your skin will look healthy and fresh.Ice cubes made from a healthy drink eliminate irritation and rejuvenate the skin. Chamomile is useful for the skin of babies, so its extract is present in toothpaste, shampoo and cream for children.
- Weight Loss. Drinking chamomile tea daily allows you to lose up to four kilograms per month. Chamomile improves digestion, controls appetite and helps to better absorb nutrients. It calms the nerves, which is important for people stuck stress.
- Colds. Medicinal chamomile has diaphoretic, expectorant, analgesic properties. She will help with bronchitis, flu and other diseases of the respiratory system. Healing tea is drunk, gargle, inhalations and baths are made.
- Children. Chamomile tea is indispensable when a child has a stomach ache, teeth are cut or a cold appears. Small children are allowed to give only a weak broth.
- Women Health. Chamomile drinks contain the substance bisabolol, which has a positive effect on women's health. The drink helps with gynecological ailments, muffles pain during menstruation, improves the functioning of the endocrine system. Can be used for douching and compresses.
Speaking about the dangers of chamomile tea, I note that the main thing is to use the broth correctly. If you exceed the dosage in a healthy person, nausea or drowsiness will appear. If you feel worse after drinking tea, give up the drink. Tea is harmful to people taking blood thinners.
Chamomile tea during pregnancy
Is chamomile tea safe during pregnancy? Let's take a closer look at the positive and negative aspects of tea during pregnancy.
- There are no strict prohibitions on the use of chamomile tea by pregnant women. However, a self-respecting doctor who understands herbal medicine will definitely warn the girl about the possible harm of tea.
- If there is no threat of miscarriage, a pregnant woman can drink tea in moderation. Daily allowance maximum 2 cups. Infuse a drink in a thermos impossible, because it will become extremely concentrated and strong. If in doubt, be sure to consult your doctor.
- Chamomile tea is good for a pregnant woman. It allows you to effectively deal with the manifestations of toxicosis, soothes nerves, improves sleep and eliminates irritability.
- Chamomile helps with stomach pain, flatulence and colic. A decoction helps to normalize the stool and has a beneficial effect on the body.
If you use the chamomile drink during pregnancy correctly, it will benefit. In other cases, it is recommended to refuse it, since carelessness is fraught with serious problems.